This Test is 85% Correct
1. A PC can not connect to any remote websites, ping its default gateway, or ping a printer that is functioning properly on the local network segment. Which action will verify that the TCP/IP stack is functioning correctly on this PC?
--> Use the ping 127.0.0.1 command at the command prompt.
2. Refer to the exhibit. Which set of devices contains only intermediary devices?
--> A, B, D, G
3. Refer to the exhibit. When computer A sends a frame to computer D, what computers receive the frame?
--> only computer D
4. Which password is automatically encrypted when it is created?
--> enable secret
5. Which three statements characterize the transport layer protocols? (Choose three.)
--> TCP and UDP port numbers are used by application layer protocols.
--> TCP uses windowing and sequencing to provide reliable transfer of data.
--> TCP is a connection-oriented protocol. UDP is a connectionless protocol.
6. Which type of media is immune to EMI and RFI? (Choose two.)
--> 100 Base-FX
--> 1000 Base LX
7. Refer to the exhibit. A technician is working on a network problem that requires verification of the router LAN interface. What address should be pinged from this host to confirm that the router interface is operational?
8. Refer to the exhibit. The diagram represents the process of sending email between clients.
Select the list below that correctly identifies the component or protocol used at each numbered stage of the diagram.
--> 1.MUA 2.SMTP 3.MTA 4.SMTP 5.MTA 6.MDA 7.POP 8.MUA
9. Refer to the exhibit. What function does router RT_A need to provide to allow Internet access for hosts in this network?
--> address translation
10. Refer to the exhibit. The network containing router B is experiencing problems. A network associate has isolated the issue in this network to router B? What action can be preformed to correct the network issue?
--> issue the no shutdown command on interface FastEthernet 0/1
11. Which three IPv4 addresses represent a broadcast for a subnet? (Choose three.)
--> 172.16.4.63 /26
--> 172.16.4.191 /26
--> 172.16.4.95 /27
12. What are three characteristics of CSMA/CD? (Choose three.)
--> A device listens and waits until the media is not busy before transmitting.
--> All of the devices on a segment see data that passes on the network medium.
--> After detecting a collision, hosts can attempt to resume transmission after a random time delay has expired.
13. In a Cisco IOS device, where is the startup-configuration file stored?
14. A routing issue has occurred in you internetwork. Which of the following type of devices should be examined to isolate this error?
15. Which OSI layer protocol does IP rely on to determine whether packets have been lost and to request retransmission?
16. Due to a security violation, the router passwords must be changed. What information can be learned from the following configuration entries? (Choose two.)
--> The entries specify four Telnet lines for remote access.
The entries set the console and Telnet password to "c13c0".
Telnet access will be denied because the Telnet configuration is incomplete.
--> Access will be permitted for Telnet using "c13c0" as the password.
17. Which prompt represents the appropriate mode used for the copy running-config startup-config command ?
18. Which combination of network id and subnet mask correctly identifies all IP addresses from 172.16.128.0 through 172.16.159.255?
--> 172.16.128.0 255.255.224.0
19. When must a router serial interface be configured with the clock rate command?
--> when the interface is functioning as a DCE device
20. When connectionless protocols are implemented at the lower layers of the OSI model, what are usually used to acknowledge the data receipt and request the retransmission of missing data?
--> upper-layer connection-oriented protocols
21. A technician is asked to secure the privileged EXEC mode of a switch by requiring a password. Which type of password would require this login and be considered the most
--> enable secret
22. Refer to the exhibit. What is required on host A for a network technician to create the initial configuration on RouterA?
--> a terminal emulation program
23. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator remotely accesses the CLI of RouterB from PC1. Which two statements are true about the application layer protocol that is used to make this connection? (Choose two.)
-->The connection type is called a VTY session.
--> The application name is the same for the service, protocol, and client.
24. The Layer 4 header contains which type of information to aid in the delivery of data?
--> service port number
25. Refer to the exhibit. What two facts can be determined about the exhibited topology? (Choose two.)
--> A single broadcast domain is present
--> Five collision domains exist.
26. Refer to the exhibit. A network technician is trying to determine the correct IP address configuration for Host A. What is a valid configuration for Host A?
--> IP address: 192.168.100.20; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240; Default Gateway: 192.168.100.17
27. Refer to the exhibit. Cable 1 and cable 2 have the ends wired for specific physical layer requirements. The table lists each segment by number and the cable which has been installed by the network technician between the network components on that segment. From the data
given, which segments have the correct cable installed? (Choose three.)
28. What is true regarding network layer addressing? (Choose three.)
--> uses a flat structure
--> uniquely identifies each host
--> contains a network portion
29. Refer to the exhibit. A router, whose table is shown, receives a packet that is destined for 192.168.1.4. How will router treat the packet?
--> The packet will be forwarded to the destination host.
30. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements describe the information that is represented in the header? (Choose two.)
--> The destination port indicates a Telnet session.
--> The return segment will contain a source port of 23.
31. Refer to the exhibit. What is the correct destination socket number for a web page request from Host A to the web server?
32. During the encapsulation process, which identifiers are added at the transport layer?
--> two applications communicating the data
33. Refer to the exhibit. A student has wired each end of a CAT 5e cable as shown. What is the result? (Choose two.)
--> The cable is suitable for use as a Fast Ethernet crossover.
--> The cable is suitable for use between two 100 Mbps Auto-MDIX capable switches.
34. Refer to the exhibit. Assume all devices are using default configurations. How many subnets are required to address the topology that is shown?
35. Refer to the exhibit. On the basis of the IP configuration that is shown, what is the reason that Host A and Host B are unable to communicate outside the local network?
--> The gateway address was assigned a broadcast address.
36. Refer to the exhibit. Each media link is labeled. What type of cable should be used to connect the different devices?
--> Connection 1 - straight-through cable , Connection 2 - crossover cable , Connection 3 - straight-through cable
37. Refer to the exhibit. What does the IP address 192.168.33.2 represent?
--> The host's primary domain name server.
38. Refer to the exhibit. What two facts can be determined from the information that is given? (Choose two.)
--> The destination port indicates that an HTTP session has been initiated.
--> The data listed is associated with the transport layer.
39. Which of the following are the address ranges of the private IP addresses? (Choose three.)
--> 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
--> 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
--> 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
40. Which two functions of the OSI model occur at layer two? (Choose two.)
--> physical addressing
--> media access control
41. Which range of port numbers are reserved for services that are commonly used by applications that run on servers?
--> 0 to 1023
42. As network administrator, what is the subnet mask that allows 510 hosts given the IP address 172.30.0.0?
43. Refer to the exhibit. The tracert command is initiated from PC1 to the destination PC4. Which device will send a response to the initial packet from PC1?
44. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is transmitting data to host B. What addresses will host A use to for the destination IP and MAC addresses in this communication?
--> Destination MAC: EEEE:EEEE:EEEE Destination IP: 172.22.0.75
45. Refer to the exhibit. Which logical topology best describes the exhibited network?
46. Examine the graphic with current configurations. Host A in the Clerical offices failed and was replaced. Although a ping to 127.0.0.1 was successful, the replacement computer can not access the company network. What is the likely cause of the problem?
--> subnet mask incorrectly entered
47. Refer to the exhibit. With the router running NAT, what IP addresses can be applied to the computer to allow access to the Internet? (Choose three.)
48. Refer to the exhibit. What three statements are true about the IP configuration that is shown? (Choose three.)
--> The address that is assigned to the computer represents private addressing.
--> The computer is unable to communicate outside of the local network.
--> The prefix of the computer address is /27.
49. Refer to the exhibit. Host A attempts to establish a TCP/IP session with host C. During this attempt, a frame was captured with the source MAC address 0050.7320.D632 and the destination MAC address 0030.8517.44C4. The packet inside the captured frame has an IP source address 192.168.7.5, and the destination IP address is 192.168.219.24. At which point in the network was this packet captured?
--> leaving Dallas
50. Which of the following OSI layers offers reliable, connection-oriented data communication services?